Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites, vanilla and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into a 9-in. circle.
- Bake at 225° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off and do not open door. Let meringue dry in oven for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top meringue with whipped topping and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 229 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 9, 2011
Pavlova is indeed light and refreshing. However, as an Australian, I can tell you that a pavlova should be white. If your pavlova is the colour of the one in the photo, it has been over-baked.
Feb 1, 2010
A nice refreashing dessert.