Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 45 min. + standing
- 4 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 2 medium kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- Place egg whites in a large bowl; let stand at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- Beat the egg whites, vanilla and vinegar on medium speed until soft peaks form. Gradually beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, on high until stiff peaks form and sugar is dissolved.
- Spoon meringue onto a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Using the back of a spoon, shape into a 9-in. circle.
- Bake at 225° for 45-55 minutes or until set and dry. Turn oven off and do not open door. Let meringue dry in oven for 1 hour.
- Just before serving, top meringue with whipped topping and fruit. Refrigerate leftovers.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 229 calories, 5g fat (5g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 29mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Apr 9, 2011
Pavlova is indeed light and refreshing. However, as an Australian, I can tell you that a pavlova should be white. If your pavlova is the colour of the one in the photo, it has been over-baked.
Feb 1, 2010
A nice refreashing dessert.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.