- 1 cup butter (no substitutes), softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 4-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter (no substitutes), melted
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- In a mixing bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese. Add flour and mix well. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours or until easy to handle. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine sugar rand flour; add pineapple. Cook over low heat until mixture is thickened, stirring frequently. Cover and refrigerate. Divide dough in half. On a lightly floured surface, roll out each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 3-in. squares. Place 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. To form star, make a 1-1/4-in. cut from each corner toward center (do not cut through center). Place 1/4 teaspoon of pineapple filling in the center of each. Fold every other point toward the center, overlapping pieces; press lightly to seal. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until set. Remove to wire racks to cool. For frosting, combine the confectioners' sugar, butter, milk and vanilla until smooth. Drizzle over cookies; sprinkle with walnuts. Yield: 5 dozen.
Reviews forPineapple Star Cookies
"they look very nice and taste good"
"Very cute and delicious!"
"the best cookie love it"