Pineapple Spiced Ham Steak
This recipe came from my family's love of grilling and our inability to follow a recipe completely! We're always changing things to suit our tastes. We don't usually measure, but I did here so I could share this family favorite.
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating
- 1-1/3 cups pineapple juice
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 ham steak (about 1/2 pound and 1 inch thick)
- In a 2-cup measuring cup, combine the juice, butter, cloves, paprika, garlic, sugar and mustard; mix well. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; cover and refrigerate remaining marinade. Add ham to the bag. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 3 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade. Grill ham, uncovered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until meat is glazed and heated through, basting occasionally with reserved marinade.
Originally published as Spiced Ham Steak in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.