Pineapple Sirloin Skewers
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + marinating Cook: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch cubes
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Refrigerate the pineapple. In a small bowl, combine the pineapple juice, soy sauce, brown sugar, oil, ginger, garlic and pepper. Reserve 1/3 cup marinade for basting and 1/3 cup for serving; cover and refrigerate.
- Pour the remaining marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add beef cubes. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Drain and discard marinade from beef. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread beef and pineapple chunks. Grill, uncovered, over medium heat for 5 minutes on each side or broil 4-6 in. from the heat until beef reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with one portion of reserved marinade. Serve with remaining marinade.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 4, 2014
Awesome! And so easy!! I grated sharp cheddar cheese over the cooked rice with a tad of soy sauce, and put the kabobs on the side. I also grilled zucchini with lemon juice, salt & pepper, and sprinkled it with parmesan/romano cheese. Oh, so many flavors all on one plate!!! Double the recipe so you will have leftovers!!!
Jun 3, 2013
Delicious! My grill is broken so I cooked these under the broiler and they were great.
Feb 5, 2012
Easy and delicious! It's a keeper!