Pineapple Sirloin Kabobs Recipe
“This recipe is so easy and even more scrumptious than you can imagine,” promises Beverly Folks of Roswell, Georgia. “My husband and I are always looking for new ways to enjoy beef. These kabobs are definitely on our ‘special’ list.”
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound beef top sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the water, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, ginger, paprika and reserved pineapple juice; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the steak, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with melted butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Sirloin Kabobs
Reviewed Nov. 21, 2012
"These were delicious! I served them with a simple rice pilaf and steamed broccoli."
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC