- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 16 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into chunks
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the water, soy sauce, garlic powder, salt, ginger, paprika and reserved pineapple juice; add steak. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Drain and discard marinade. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the steak, mushrooms, onion, green pepper and pineapple. Grill, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4-6 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness, basting frequently with melted butter. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Sirloin Kabobs
"These were delicious! I served them with a simple rice pilaf and steamed broccoli."