- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame or canola oil
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 medium sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut, toasted
- Hot cooked rice
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. In a small bowl, mix cornstarch, broth, brown sugar, orange juice, soy sauce and reserved pineapple juice until smooth.
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add peppers and onion; stir-fry 1-2 minutes or just until crisp-tender. Add shrimp; stir-fry 2-3 minutes longer or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from pan.
- Place pineapple in skillet. Stir cornstarch mixture and add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 4-5 minutes or until sauce is thickened. Return shrimp mixture to pan; heat through, stirring to combine. Sprinkle with coconut; serve with rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Shrimp Stir-Fry
"Good quick stir fry in the sweet ‘n sour family. I may add a bit more orange juice next time to let the orange flavor shine through a bit more."