Pineapple Shrimp Rice Bake
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 15 min.
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3/4 cup pineapple tidbits, drained
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in soy sauce and ginger. Add shrimp, ham and pineapple. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Stir before serving.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 273 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 143mg cholesterol, 774mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 3, 2014
Daughter found this recipe as she was looking through some of ToH books. She insisted we make it. Easy to make. Next time we will be adding mushrooms just to add another dimension to the dish.
Jun 17, 2009
Great recipe! Loved the taste but would add some heat to it next time.
Mar 24, 2009
excellant, very tasty. I used apricots because I forgot to check for pineapples. Still good