- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green pepper, julienned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger or 1 teaspoon minced fresh gingerroot
- 1-1/2 pounds cooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple tidbits, undrained
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil. Stir in rice. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 25 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the garlic, onion and green pepper in oil until tender. Stir in soy sauce and ginger. Add shrimp, ham and pineapple. Stir in rice.
- Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through. Stir before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Shrimp Rice Bake
"Daughter found this recipe as she was looking through some of ToH books. She insisted we make it. easy to make. Next time we will be adding mushrooms just to add another dimension to the dish."
"Great recipe! Loved the taste but would add some heat to it next time."
"excellant, very tasty. I used apricots because I forgot to check for pineapples. Still good"