- 2 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil, divided
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 medium carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 2 cups cooked rice, at room temperature
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup finely chopped salted peanuts
- Lime wedges
- Mix soy sauce, curry powder and sugar. In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat; stir-fry shrimp until it turns pink, 2-3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- In same pan, heat remaining oil over medium-high heat. Add ginger and garlic; cook just until fragrant, about 10 seconds. Add pepper, carrot and onion; stir-fry 2 minutes. Stir in pineapple and shrimp. Add rice and soy sauce mixture; heat through over medium heat, tossing to combine and break up any clumps of rice. Stir in green onions. Sprinkle with peanuts; serve with lime wedges. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Shrimp Fried Rice
"This was great! I halved the recipe for the two of us, except for using the full amount of the soy-curry-sugar mixture. I microwaved the jasmine rice and added a bit of hot chili sesame oil to it in place of butter. We will be having this dish again before very long."
"VERY TASTY! MY MOM MADE MY FAMILY THIS LAST NIGHT! IT WAS SO GOOD."