Pineapple Rice Pudding Recipe
- 1 cup cooked long grain rice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Maraschino cherries and fresh mint, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the rice and pineapple; set aside. In a small bowl, beat cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Fold into rice mixture. Cover and chill until serving. Garnish with cherries and mint if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
1 cup: 406 calories, 22g fat (14g saturated fat), 82mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (23g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Rice Pudding
"Tasted good, but I think it needs either more rice or less pineapple.Served 4 at our house.Forgot to drain the pineapple; turned out fine though. Used 1 cup whipped topping instead of whipping the cream; still added the sugar and vanilla though."
"This was easy and fast. Delicious. May change the fruit."
"My mohter made this and called it "Glorified Rice", which was a treat for our family too. Mom added cherries (cut in quarters) along with the pineapple. Yummy."
"This recipe is very good. I have same recipe from my mother, except it calls for 1/4 cup sugar and dream whip."