Pineapple Rice Casserole
Pineapple and cheese aren't thought of as a perfect pairing, but they are. The taste is the proof.—Linda Keller, Sylvania, Ohio
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 cup uncooked instant rice
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Prepare rice according to package directions. Stir in butter. Add the pineapple, brown sugar and salt; spoon into a greased shallow 1-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 15-20 minutes or until heated through and cheese is melted.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 250 calories, 10g fat (7g saturated fat), 30mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 36g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Rice Casserole in Casserole Cookbook
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.