Pineapple Red Pepper Beef Stir-Fry Recipe
This tasty sweet-sour combination from Connie Braisted of Oceanside, California features sirloin instead of chicken for a fun change of pace. Pineapple, red pepper and slices of celery and green onion create a colorful feast for the eyes that's perfect for company or everyday dining.
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless beef sirloin steak, cut into 1/4-inch thin strips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 1 cup cubed sweet red pepper
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup water
- Hot cooked rice
- 1. In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, garlic and ginger. Add beef; toss to coat. Let stand for 15 minutes. In a large skillet, stir-fry beef mixture in oil for 2 minutes. Add celery and red pepper; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Add onions and mushrooms; cook 2 minutes longer.
- 2. Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Stir pineapple and water chestnuts into skillet. in a bowl, combine cornstarch, water and reserved pineapple juice until smooth. Gradually stir into beef and vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 351 calories, 9g fat (3g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 1916mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (21g sugars, 5g fiber), 28g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Red Pepper Beef Stir-Fry
© 2018 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC