Pork tenderloin is marinated and grilled to tender perfection in these eye-catching kabobs. Enjoy the skewers with strawberry gelatin and chocolate cupcakes for dessert...or round out dinner with canned peaches and vanilla ice cream.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Dash pepper
- 1/2 pound pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 small green pepper, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Hot cooked rice, optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice; refrigerate the pineapple. In a bowl, combine the pineapple juice, vinegar, brown sugar and pepper. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork. Seal and turn to coat; refrigerate for 4 hours. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade for basting.
- Drain and discard marinade from pork. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread the pork, pineapple and pepper. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until vegetables are tender and meat is no longer pink, turning and basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Serve with rice if desired. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Pork Kabobs in Quick Cooking March/April 2003, p33
Reviews forPineapple Pork Kabobs
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 7, 2012
"It was very simple to make and it was tasty I added a bit of cinnamon for more flavor"