Pineapple Pepper Salsa
The contrast of sweet and heat makes for a flavorful salsa that both friends and family enjoy. For a spicy variety, use jalapeno jelly instead of sweet red pepper jelly.—Sandy Starks, Amherst, New York
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/3 cup sweet red pepper jelly
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- In a small bowl, combine all the ingredients. Serve immediately or refrigerate until serving. Use as a condiment with grilled meats or as a dip with tortilla chips.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 62 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 16g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 0 protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Originally published as Sandy's Red Pepper Jelly Pineapple Salsa in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2009