VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 unbaked pastry shell (9 inches)
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar and salt until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in milk and vanilla; set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine cornstarch and remaining sugar. Stir in pineapple; bring to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 2 minutes. Pour into pastry shell; spoon cream cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with pecans.
- Bake at 400° for 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 325°; bake 45-50 minutes more or until center is set. Cool completely; chill before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Pineapple Pie in Country Extra March 1996, p49
Reviews forPineapple Pecan Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 29, 2013
"I have also made this recipe; received it from my grandmother a long time ago. This won a prize for me also. I think I will make this dessert again soon."
Reviewed Apr. 2, 2011