Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup chopped pecans, toasted, divided
- 3/4 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies, drained
- 2 tablespoons chopped roasted sweet red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Assorted fresh vegetables
- 1. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Add the cheddar cheese, 3/4 cup pecans, pineapple, chilies, red pepper and garlic powder; mix well. Transfer to a serving dish. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Sprinkle with remaining pecans just before serving. Serve with vegetables. Yield: 3-3/4 cups.
2 tablespoons: 100 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 94mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple-Pecan Cheese Spread
"It was a little bit too mild for me. I added fresh garlic and lemon."
"This is really good I have made it a number of times now this version and have used fat free cream cheese and cheddar cheese. Both ways are good."