- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients; mix well. Stir in pecans Pour into an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely. In a mixing bowl, combine all frosting ingredients; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Pecan Cake
"Excellent! It's become a family favorite and guests always ask for the recipe."
"Liked it very much and have shared the recipe with others. They all say it is very delicious and plan on making it again. It's a winner."
"This sounds like my carrot (1 cup) cake recipe."