- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, flour and baking soda. Combine eggs and pineapple; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in nuts.
- Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 32-38 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- For frosting, in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add confectioners' sugar and vanilla; beat until smooth. Frost cake. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Pecan Cake
"Excellent! It's become a family favorite and guests always ask for the recipe."
"Liked it very much and have shared the recipe with others. They all say it is very delicious and plan on making it again. It's a winner."
"This sounds like my carrot (1 cup) cake recipe."