I like to take this one-of-a-kind soup along to potlucks and other get-togethers. It is usually different than what other people bring, and everyone raves about the flavors.
Recommended: The 75 Best Ways to Enjoy Farmer’s Market Peaches
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 6 medium peaches, peeled and sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed unsweetened pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled and seeded
- 1 cup orange juice
- Fresh strawberries and whipped cream, optional
- In 3-qt. saucepan, combine peaches, pineapple, grape juice, lemon juice, honey, cinnamon and nutmeg; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat; cool to room temperature.
- Place peach mixture a blender or food processor, cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Cube three-fourths of the cantaloupe and place in a blender; add orange juice. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into a large bowl.
- Finely chop remaining cantaloupe and stir into soup. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours. Garnish with strawberries and whipped cream if desired. Yield: 9 servings (2-1/4 quarts).
Originally published as Pineapple Peach Soup in Home-Style Soups, Salad and Sandwiches Cookbook 1996, p40