Pineapple-Orange Spiced Tea
The sweet aroma of this tea wafting from a slow cooker warms the dreariest day. My daughter served it for a holiday open house, and coffee drinkers were instantly converted. I bring it to the office to spice up our break room beverage selections. —Carole J. Drennan, Abilene, Texas
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Cook: 2 hours
Makes12 servings (3 qt.)
- 2 quarts boiling water
- 16 individual tea bags
- 2 cinnamon sticks (3 inches)
- 1 piece fresh gingerroot (1/2 inch), peeled and thinly sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen pineapple juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 cup pomegranate or cranberry juice
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- Orange slices, optional
- In a 5- or 6-qt. slow cooker, combine boiling water and tea bags. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place cinnamon sticks, ginger and cloves on a double thickness of cheesecloth. Gather corners of cloth to enclose seasonings; tie securely with string. Discard tea bags. Stir in remaining ingredients; add spice bag. Cook, covered, on low until heated through, 2-3 hours. Discard spice bag. Stir before serving. If desired, serve with orange slices.
Nutrition Facts1 cup: 173 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10mg sodium, 43g carbohydrate (41g sugars, 1g fiber), 1g protein.
Originally published as All-Day-Long Spiced Tea in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2015
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.