Pineapple Marzipan Cupcakes
The marzipan is subtle in these cupcakes, but oh so good. I've also made this recipe in a loaf pan. —Johnna Johnson, Scottsdale, Arizona
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (7 ounces) marzipan, crumbled
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Pineapple tidbits, patted dry
- Preheat oven to 350°. Line 16 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, marzipan and sugars until blended. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. In another bowl, whisk flour and baking powder; gradually beat into butter mixture. Fold in crushed pineapple.
- Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans 10 minutes before removing to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter over very low heat; stir until smooth. Cool slightly until mixture thickens to a spreading consistency. Spread over cupcakes. Top with pineapple.
Nutrition Facts1 cupcake (calculated without pineapple tidbits): 326 calories, 17g fat (9g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Originally published as Glazed Pineapple Marzipan Cupcakes in Taste of Home February/March 2014
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.