Pineapple Macadamia Chicken
My family enjoys this summertime entree. It's quick, easy and oh-so-good served with cantaloupe wedges and iced tea. Each spicy-sweet bite reminds us of our trip to Hawaii.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- 3/4 cup finely chopped macadamia nuts
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon Caribbean jerk seasoning
- 1/8 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 tablespoon apricot preserves, warmed
- Lettuce leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. In a shallow bowl, combine the nuts, seasoned salt, jerk seasoning, minced onion, onion powder and pepper. Place egg in another shallow bowl. Dip chicken in egg; coat with nut mixture. Let stand for 5 minutes.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in oil for 3-4 minutes on each side or until chicken juices run clear. In a small bowl, combine pineapple and apricot preserves. Place lettuce on each plate; top with chicken and pineapple mixture.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 674 calories, 61g fat (10g saturated fat), 138mg cholesterol, 438mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 5g fiber), 19g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple Macadamia Chicken in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook