This pie is easy to make and good for any occasion. My husband served in the military for many years and, as we traveled, I served this pie many times.
Recommended: 77 Tropical Recipes for a Taste-cation Anytime
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (14 ounces) sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked or 1 graham cracker crust (9 inches)
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Shaved semisweet chocolate, optional
- In a bowl, combine milk, lime juice and pineapple. Stir in food coloring if desired. Spoon into crust. In a small bowl, beat cream until stiff peaks form; beat in sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Spoon over filling. Sprinkle with chocolate if desired. Chill for at least 8 hours. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Lime Pie in Country Extra March 1997, p51
Reviews forPineapple Lime Pie
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 26, 2014
"This pie is very refreshing and sweet. My husband especially enjoyed it. I have also made it adding 8 oz. cream cheese."