- 2 cups boiling water, divided
- 1 package (3 ounces) lime gelatin
- 16 large marshmallows
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (8 ounces) unsweetened crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 to 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- In a bowl, add 1 cup boiling water to gelatin; stir 2 minutes to completely dissolve. In a small saucepan, combine marshmallows and remaining water; cook over low heat until blended, stirring occasionally. Stir into gelatin. Refrigerate until partially set.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in pineapple. Fold in gelatin mixture, whipped cream, pecans and, if desired, food coloring. Pour into a 6-cup mold coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate, covered, until set. Unmold onto a serving plate. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Lime Gelatin
"Just made this for a St. Pat's party. Doubled it and was able to make it stretch to feed 45 people along with cupcakes. Everyone raved about. Now have to give out the recipe to several people. Thanks for sharing. I'm not a lime person by any means and I enjoyed it. Will definitely make again soon."
"This recipe adds color and flavor to any meal. Good for a pot luck."
"Everyone loved this recipe. I make this every year for the holidays and even for desert. This desert is light, fluffy and lightly sweetened."
"I get requests to make this recipe every holiday get together. This is my husband's favorite and this is by far the best "green stuff" recipe I have found, don't skip out on the cream cheese, it is much better than the recipes that use cottage cheese."
"Pineapple lime gelatin makes a special dessert for special meals and one my family simply loves. We make it for birthdays and special days and keep the recipe private as we don't want our guests knowing how it was made."
"Love this recipe and serve often. Sometimes I substitute minimarshmallows and just mix them in. I use finely shredded cheddar instead of cream cheese. The white spots anf orange shreds add color and add a little more flavor!"