Pineapple Kiwi Jam
- 4 kiwifruit, peeled and thinly sliced
- 3 cups sugar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 1 pouch (3 ounces) liquid fruit pectin
- 3 drops green food coloring, optional
- 1. In a 2-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the kiwi, sugar, pineapple and lime juice. Microwave, uncovered, on high until mixture comes to a full rolling boil, 7-10 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes. Stir in pectin. Add food coloring if desired.
- 2. Pour into jars or freezer containers and cool to room temperature, about 1 hour. Cover and let stand overnight or until set, but not longer than 24 hours. Refrigerate or freeze.
2 tablespoons: 83 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1mg sodium, 22g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Oct 1, 2019Works well at high altitude, we're at 7200 ft. Great taste and easy to make. Only made 4 half pints
Nov 23, 2017
I made this years ago when it first appeared in the Quick Cooking magazine. It is so incredibly yummy and easy to make. I thought I had lost this recipe years back due to a hard drive crash and am so beyond happy to find it again.
Jul 5, 2009
This sour and sweet jam, great with tosted white bread.