Pineapple Icebox Dessert
"While living in Italy, I fell in love with Italian tiramisu, but I didn't like all the fat and calories it contains," remarks Julie Vyska of North Las Vegas, Nevada. "So I substituted healthier ingredients to make this pineapple version."
Total TimePrep: 10 min. + chilling
- 2 cups cold fat-free milk
- 1 package (1 ounce) sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple tidbits
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) ladyfingers
- In a large bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Fold in whipped topping: set aside.
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup juice. Arrange half of the ladyfingers in an ungreased 11x7-in. dish.
- Brush with 2 tablespoons reserved pineapple juice. Top with half of the pudding mixture and half of the pineapple. Repeat layers. Cover and refrigerate overnight. Cut into squares.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 183 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 99mg cholesterol, 234mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Pineapple Icebox Dessert in Quick Cooking May/June 2004
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.