- 3/4 cup pineapple preserves
- 1/2 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 4 scoops vanilla ice cream
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until heated through, stirring once. Serve with ice cream. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Ice Cream Topping
"Delicious! I drained the pineapple tidbits, added just a dash of ginger, and after microwaving, I pulsed the hot mixture in my blender until it resembled crushed pineapple. Next time I will use crushed pineapple, well drained, to eliminate my added extra step. I really liked the texture of the blended topping --- reminds me of the pineapple found on a soda shop banana split."