Pineapple Ham Sandwiches
Total TimePrep: 5 min. Cook: 1 hour 20 min.
- 1 can (29 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple in juice, undrained
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 5 whole cloves
- 1 pound fully cooked ham, thinly sliced
- 8 to 10 onion rolls, split
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine tomato sauce, pineapple, water, brown sugar, mustard and cloves. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 1 hour or until reduced by about one-third. Remove cloves. Add ham; simmer for 20 minutes or until heated through. Serve on rolls.
Nutrition Facts2 ounce-weight: 258 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 16mg cholesterol, 994mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (20g sugars, 2g fiber), 14g protein.
Jan 17, 2012
This was delicious. I hadn't paid attention to the amounts when I went to the store, so I only had 15 oz. of tomato sauce instead of 29. I thought it turned out great. I took it to a church fellowship and didn't bring any home.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.