Pineapple Ham Loaves
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced pineapple
- 2 tablespoons beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon plus 1/8 teaspoon ground mustard, divided
- Dash salt
- Dash pepper
- 1/4 pound ground fully cooked ham (about 1 cup)
- 1/4 pound ground pork
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice. Place a pineapple slice in two 10-oz. ramekins or custard cups coated with cooking spray; set aside. (Refrigerate remaining pineapple and juice for another use.)
- In a small bowl, combine the egg, milk, Worcestershire sauce, bread crumbs, 1/4 teaspoon mustard, salt and pepper. Crumble ham and pork over mixture and mix well. Gently press meat mixture into each ramekin.
- Combine the brown sugar, remaining mustard and reserved juice; spoon over each loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until lightly browned and a thermometer reads 160°. Invert onto serving plates.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 392 calories, 21g fat (8g saturated fat), 135mg cholesterol, 948mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 1g fiber), 25g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jun 7, 2011
You can also purchase a couple of boneless pork chops and grind that up in the food processor or meat grinder...just delicious. Had to review it twice!
Jun 7, 2011
This was delicious. I bought a small ham slice at the store and I ground it up in my food processor. Excellent.