This sweet-tart salad, nicely coated with a yogurt dressing, makes a refreshing light luncheon dish. "I usually put a scoop of low-fat cottage cheese in the center of the plate and surround it with the salad," writes Rosemarie Kondrk of Old Bridge, New Jersey.
Recommended: Spring-ish Recipes to Make In April
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (20 ounces) unsweetened pineapple tidbits, drained
- 1 medium pink grapefruit, peeled, sectioned and cut into bite-size pieces
- 1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 4-1/2 teaspoons sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine pineapple and grapefruit. Refrigerate until chilled. Drain if necessary. Just before serving, combine the yogurt, sugar substitute and vanilla. Pour over fruit; toss to coat. Top each serving with a cherry. Yield: 5 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Grapefruit Salad in Light & Tasty February/March 2003, p15