Pineapple-Glazed Ham Loaf
This holiday ham loaf was served by a good friend several years ago. Now it's become a tradition in my family as well. —Sherry Golightly, Paducah, Kentucky
Total TimePrep: 10 min. Bake: 2 hours + cooling
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1 cup crushed saltines (about 30 crackers)
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 pound ground fully cooked ham
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Crumble ham and pork over mixture; mix well. Press into a 9x5-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Combine brown sugar, vinegar and pineapple; spoon over loaf. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 2 hours or until a thermometer reads 160°. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 452 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 127mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 24g protein.
Originally published as Pineapple-Glazed Ham Loaf in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2002