Pineapple Fruit Boat
Served in a pineapple shell, this fancy salad goes together surprisingly quickly with a handful of ingredients. It's an impressive way to present fresh fruit.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 medium navel orange, peeled and sectioned
- 1 medium firm banana, sliced
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- Stand pineapple upright and vertically cut a third from one side, leaving the leaves attached; set cut piece aside.
- Using a paring or grapefruit knife, remove pineapple from large section in strips, leaving a 1/2-in. shell; discard core. Cut strips into bite-size chunks. Set aside 2 tablespoons juice from pineapple; invert shell onto paper towel to drain. Remove fruit from the small pineapple piece and cut into chunks; discard peel. Place shell in a large serving bowl or on a serving platter.
- In a large bowl, combine pineapple chunks, strawberries, orange and banana. In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and reserved pineapple juice; spoon over fruit and stir gently. Spoon into pineapple boat.
Originally published as Pineapple Boats in Country Woman Christmas 2007
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.