Pineapple Doughnut Dessert
End your day around the fire with this clever dessert from Christy Hinrichs of Parkville, Missouri. “When we can’t go camping, we sometimes pitch a tent in the backyard for the kids and grill this simple treat.”
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 5 cake doughnuts
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 ounces) sliced pineapple, drained
- 10 maraschino cherries
- Cut doughnuts in half horizontally; spread with butter. For each packet, place two doughnut halves cut side up on a 12-in. square of heavy-duty foil.
- Sprinkle each with about 1 tablespoon brown sugar. Top with a pineapple slice; place a cherry in the center. Seal foil tightly. Grill over indirect medium heat for 2-4 minutes or until heated through.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 448 calories, 18g fat (6g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 347mg sodium, 73g carbohydrate (55g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
Originally published as Campfire Upside Down Treats in Taste of Home August/September 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.