Pineapple-Dijon Ham Sandwiches
- 2 pounds fully cooked ham, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 can (20 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, finely chopped
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon dried minced onion
- 10 hamburger buns, split
- 10 slices Swiss cheese
- Additional Dijon mustard, optional
- 1. In a greased 4-qt. slow cooker, combine the first seven ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until heated through.
- 2. Preheat broiler. Place bun bottoms and tops on baking sheets, cut side up. Using a slotted spoon, place ham mixture on bottoms; top with cheese. Broil 3-4 in. from heat 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted and tops are toasted. Replace tops. If desired, serve with additional mustard.
1 sandwich (calculated without additional mustard): 396 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 67mg cholesterol, 1283mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 28g protein.
Jan 10, 2016
This combination sounded good, but was a mushy mess of a sandwich. The bread got soggy even though I drained the mixture well and toasted the buns before adding it. The flavor was just ok, and nothing to want seconds of.