- 1 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup chopped maraschino cherries
- In a mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture. Stir in pineapple, walnuts and cherries. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 425° for 7-9 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: 7 dozen.
Reviews forPineapple Delights
"I thought the flavor was wonderful!! But...my cookies wereBLACK on the bottom! Maybe the temp was too high? Idk."
"i love the idea of this recipe. It could use some work tho, kinda bland and batter was runny, you have to play with the recipe to get a desired result."
"The batter was very dry, so I added a bit of pineapple juice, the first batch spread too much, so I added about a half cup more flour....no change.If I make again, I would cut sugar down to 3/4 cup of each. They were pretty sweet."
"Have very little taste.. maybe need to add more vanilla or sugar.. kinda taste like scones.!! These are great for those that don't like cookies that are over the top sweet.."
"These have little taste or flavor."