Pineapple Cucumber Salad
- 1 can (8 ounces) pineapple chunks
- 2 medium cucumbers, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 cup seedless grapes
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1. Drain pineapple, reserving 1 tablespoon juice (discard remaining juice or save for another use).
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, cucumbers, grapes and chives. In another bowl, combine the mayonnaise, sugar, mustard, celery seed, horseradish and reserved pineapple juice. Pour over pineapple mixture; gently stir to coat. Serve with a slotted spoon.
1 each: 279 calories, 20g fat (3g saturated fat), 9mg cholesterol, 145mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 1g protein.
Aug 28, 2013
I'm always looking for new ways to use our bounty of homegrown cucumbers and it seems my family can't get enough of this wonderful salad. I've also taken it to several potlucks and everyone wants the recipe!
Jun 19, 2011
I left out the mustard, celery seed and horseradish since I had none and replaced the chives with dried minced onion, took it to a Father's Day dinner and everyone liked it.
Dec 31, 1969
Delicious! This is my new fav for taking to pot lucks.
Jul 8, 2009
Don't shy away from this one - unusual combination of ingredients, but very tasty results!