- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a bowl, combine the coconut, flour, brown sugar, butter and salt. Press 1-1/2 cups into a greased 9-in. square baking pan; set remaining mixture aside.
- In a saucepan, combine the filling ingredients. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Cool; spread over crust. Sprinkle with reserved coconut mixture. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Crisp
"My mother used to make this but her recipe calls it Pineapple Squares (a little "messy" for squares but explains the sweeter filling). I still make it myself now and then and so does my daughter."
"This is an amazing dessert. It is sweet, but that did not bother me. I served it with vanilla ice cream, everyone really liked it. Thank you for a great recipe!!"
"This didn't turn out very well for me. It might have been the old oven I was using at the time I prepared this, but the crust was a bit hard and chewy, and I thought it could have used more filling."
"This is very good but pretty sweet... I think I will cut back on the sugar in the pineapple mix next time to see what happens. It may also be good to add chopped nuts to the crust/topping."