Pineapple Cranberry Relish
This refreshing relish from Sue Dannahower of Fort Pierce, Florida features three kinds of fruit and a splash of cilantro. Serve it atop grilled chicken or pork to perk up the taste.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 1 cup coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 to 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a small saucepan, combine the cranberries, water and sugar. Cook and stir over medium heat until the berries pop, about 15 minutes. Cool.
- Transfer to a large bowl; stir in the remaining ingredients. Store in the refrigerator.