Pineapple Coffee Cake
Moist and fruity, this coffee cake combines pineapple bits with coconut and a hint of honey. It's a wonderful choice for brunch, as an afternoon treat with tea or even after dinner with coffee.—Janice Whalen, Baldwinville, Massachusetts
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and reserved pineapple juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until well blended. Fold in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple. Gently spread over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 347 calories, 13g fat (4g saturated fat), 38mg cholesterol, 339mg sodium, 54g carbohydrate (32g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Honey Crisp Coffee Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2010