Moist and fruity, this coffee cake combines pineapple bits with coconut and a hint of honey. It's a wonderful choice for brunch, as an afternoon treat with tea or even after dinner with coffee.—Janice Whalen, Baldwinville, Massachusetts
Recommended: 42 Easy Desserts That Keep Life Simple and Sweet
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mace
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup crushed cornflakes
- 1/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- Drain pineapple, reserving juice. Set pineapple aside. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and mace. In a small bowl, combine the egg, oil, milk and reserved pineapple juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. In a small bowl, beat butter and honey until well blended. Fold in the cornflakes, coconut and reserved pineapple. Gently spread over batter.
- Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Place on a wire rack. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Pineapple Coffee Cake in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2010, p34