Pineapple Coconut Muffins Recipe
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and extracts until smooth; stir in egg. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with sour cream just until moistened. Fold in pineapple and coconut.
- 2. Fill greased or paper-line muffin cups three-fourths full. Sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until muffins test done. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 151 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 159mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Coconut Muffins
"Do you drain the pineapple?"
"I used pineapple yogurt instead of the sourcream"
"yummy muffin..love the coconut and pineapple. Reminds me of the beach."
"These muffins have become my husband's favorite!!! I serve these to guests who come to visit us in Naples, Fl and they are always a hit. They are not too sweet, perfect from breakfast or a snack."