Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake Recipe
- 1 package (16 ounces) angel food cake mix
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 teaspoon coconut extract
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon pineapple or orange extract
- 1-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- 1/4 cup flaked coconut, toasted
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry cake mix, pineapple and coconut extract. Beat on low speed for 30 seconds; beat on medium for 1 minute. Pour into an ungreased 10-in. tube pan. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched. Immediately invert pan; cool completely. Carefully run a knife around sides of pan. Remove cake to a serving plate. For topping, in a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, sugar and pineapple extract until smooth. Fold in whipped topping. Spread over top and sides of cake. Sprinkle with coconut. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 178 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 254mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fruit.
Reviews for Pineapple-Coconut Angel Food Cake
"Wonderful recipe. I will omit the coconut flakes though as I hate coconut flakes. I will put slices of strawberries on top. Great summer dessert."
"yes turn out perfect!"
"turn out perfect...use low wide mold for cake!"
"I followed this recipe exactly and it fell in the middle. I will not make this again."