- 2 cans (20 ounces each) pineapple tidbits, drained
- 4 cups diced onion
- 3 cups packed brown sugar
- 2 cups golden raisins
- 2 cups vinegar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons mustard seed
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 medium yellow banana peppers, seeded and chopped, optional
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine all ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 1 to 1-1/2 hours or until chutney reaches desired thickness. Refrigerate. Serve with meat or over cream cheese as an appetizer spread. Yield: 6 cups.
Reviews forPineapple Chutney
"This was such a disappointment. I had to work around all of those huge amounts of ingredients. Minus the pineapple which was fine. It was a battle between the vinegar and sugar. One very important Key ingredient in most chutney's was Ginger.I added so much to this recipe in order to salvage it. it does have a good base on which to build.JanieGayle. It will keep for about 2 weeks covered in the fridge. I have successfully frozen many Chutneys."
"How long will this keep?"