- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, optional
- 4 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 2 cans (5-1/2 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- Hot cooked rice
- In a large saucepan, combine the first six ingredients until smooth. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the chicken, pineapple, water chestnuts and ginger; cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Chicken
"Made this for the family and they love it. Our fussy eater even wanted seconds"
"Husband and kids love this!"
"It takes a lot for me to throw away food, but the flavor of this dish was just awful!"
"Absolutely amazing flavor! My husband and I loved it and can't wait to make it again."