Pineapple Chicken with Snow Peas Recipe
I've made this recipe ever since we moved to California, and I've adapted it to include ingredients that are readily available here. Our two teenagers think this dish is terrific, and I've made it numerous times for special occasions.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, lime juice and cloves. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- 2. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 3. Drain marinade from chicken. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- 4. In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Place in a shallow baking dish. Add reserved marinade to skillet; cook until hot and bubbly.
- 5. Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken with Snow Peas
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC