Pineapple Chicken with Snow Peas
Total TimePrep: 20 min. + marinating Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) unsweetened crushed pineapple
- 2/3 cup lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the pineapple, lime juice and cloves. Pour half into a large resealable plastic bag; set aside.
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness; add to marinade. Seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 45 minutes. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain marinade from chicken. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and salt. Add chicken, a few pieces at a time, and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken on both sides in oil. Place in a shallow baking dish. Add reserved marinade to skillet; cook until hot and bubbly.
- Pour over chicken. Sprinkle with almonds and coconut. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink.
Jan 9, 2011
The coating becomes gooey and mushy during the baking because of the moist pineapple mixture and my daughter and I both say it has a strange flavor. I wonder if it would be better without the coating and frying step with just plain boneless, skinless chicken breasts.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.