Pineapple Chicken Fajitas Recipe
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow peppers, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine seasoning mix and water; stir in the honey, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir into skillet. Add pineapple. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and vegetables are tender.
- 3. Place chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla; fold tortillas over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
1 each: 402 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 63mg cholesterol, 839mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 7g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Chicken Fajitas
"My wife's favorite dish!"
"I made fajitas for the first time ever and I'm certainly happy I found this recipe! Absolutely delicious! I did use pineapple juice instead of water, but no other changes. Thanks for the recipe??"
"My husband and I really enjoyed these fajitas. After reading the reviews, I also used pineapple juice instead of water...yum! I will definitely make them again!"
"I made this for the first time tonight. I also added the pineapple juice instead of the water. It was excellent! My husband and I loved it!"
"Used pineapple juice instead of water. So yummy!"
"Finally got around to trying this recipe tonight! The pineapple & honey added a subtle sweet flavor. ~A nice diversion to typical fajitas. :) Excited to substitute the water with pineapple juice next time! Thanks for the idea!"
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe, especially prepared with the low fat spanish rice recipe. We do substitute pineapple juice for the water to make it even more mouth watering. Pair it with low carb whole wheat tortillas to make it extra healthy!"
"I didn't have fajita seasoning so found a recipe on the internet that used spices that I have on hand. Turned out excellent! Even my youngest ate every last bite!"
"Instead of 1/4 c water, I use reserved pineapple juice. It tastes even better."