- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 each medium green, sweet red and yellow pepper, julienned
- 1 medium onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 tablespoons fajita seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened pineapple chunks, drained
- 8 flour tortillas (10 inches), warmed
- In a large nonstick skillet, cook chicken in oil for 4-5 minutes. Add peppers and onion; cook and stir 4-5 minutes longer. In a bowl, combine the seasoning mix and water; stir in the honey, parsley, garlic powder and salt. Stir into skillet.
- Add pineapple. Cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until chicken juices run clear and vegetables are tender. Place chicken mixture on one side of each tortilla; fold tortillas over filling. Yield: 8 fajitas.
Reviews forPineapple Chicken Fajitas
"My husband and I were not impressed with this. I made the recipe as-is (no substitutes). We found the flavor to be very mild, almost like it was watered down. Maybe that's because I never drained the chicken? It never stated to do so, so I didn't. The flavor we could taste was good, we just wanted more of it. I'm not sure I'd make this again since there are other fajita recipes we liked better, but if I do I'd try it as others suggested with using pineapple juice and I'll probably drain the chicken."
"My wife's favorite dish!"
"I made fajitas for the first time ever and I'm certainly happy I found this recipe! Absolutely delicious! I did use pineapple juice instead of water, but no other changes. Thanks for the recipe??"
"My husband and I really enjoyed these fajitas. After reading the reviews, I also used pineapple juice instead of water...yum! I will definitely make them again!"
"I made this for the first time tonight. I also added the pineapple juice instead of the water. It was excellent! My husband and I loved it!"
"Used pineapple juice instead of water. So yummy!"
"Finally got around to trying this recipe tonight! The pineapple & honey added a subtle sweet flavor. ~A nice diversion to typical fajitas. :) Excited to substitute the water with pineapple juice next time! Thanks for the idea!"
"My husband and I absolutely love this recipe, especially prepared with the low fat spanish rice recipe. We do substitute pineapple juice for the water to make it even more mouth watering. Pair it with low carb whole wheat tortillas to make it extra healthy!"
"I didn't have fajita seasoning so found a recipe on the internet that used spices that I have on hand. Turned out excellent! Even my youngest ate every last bite!"