- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 can (3 ounces) chow mein noodles, divided
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Fold in 1 cup chow mein noodles.
- Transfer to a greased shallow 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining noodles. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Reviews forPineapple Chicken Casserole
"We thought this was pretty good, but needed a little something. We couldn't quite put our finger on it, what it lacked, but I'll be keeping the recipe since it's so easy and it is yummy. I added water chestnuts like one of the previous reviewers mentioned. I also think that the amount of celery is WAY too much, so I'll be cutting it in half next time. Maybe I'll also add the Asian baby corn (and maybe that will be the missing link). Decent for a weeknight dinner."
"easy simple delicious. i have made several times and have added waterchestnuts and or cashews also good. thanks for a great recipe in a hurry"
"Even though my first rating of this dish was nearly 5 years ago, I still make it. I sometimes use unsweetened pineapple chunks instead of tidbits. OMGoodness, soooo good!!"
"I didn't think I would like the pineapple and mushroom flavors combined, but I was pleasantly surprised. This is a quick and delicious recipe."
"Doesn't get any easier than this. My husband and I have a dairy farm, and getting meals ready quickly can sometimes be challenging. We love both chicken and pineapple so this recipe comes in very handy. Thank you for sharing!!"