Pineapple Cherry Loaves Recipe
- 1-3/4 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 8 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cans (8 ounces each) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 jar (10 ounces) red maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1 jar (10 ounces) green maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 2 cups chopped walnuts
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 2. Combine the flour, salt and baking powder; add to creamed mixture until well blended. Stir in pineapple, cherries and nuts. Pour into three greased and floured 8x4-in. loaf pans.
- 3. Bake at 325° for 1-1/4 hours or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 3 loaves.
1 slice: 187 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 53mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Pineapple Cherry Loaves
"O!I plane on making these little cuties for Christmas giving .And PeggyHellwege what a GREAT tradition"
"I have been looking for this recipe for months! My mom used to make this bread at Christmas every year for us when we were growing up. Mom died two years ago and I couldn't find her recipe box. I wanted to be able to make these for my kids and have the recipe to pass on to them so they can make it for their kids. I am so excited that I was able to find the recipe, thank you!!!!"
"I have made these loaves many times - they make wonderful and welcomed gifts at Christmas. I use pineapple tidbits instead chunks - the smaller pieces of pineapple seem to fit better with the mini loaf."
"It seems like it could be a little sweeter, but that might be because I made it with only 1 jar of cherries. It tastes even better the next day. I will definitely make it again."